Release year: 1967
Directed by: Lewis Gilbert
In the film, Bond is dispatched to Japan after American and Soviet manned spacecraft disappear mysteriously in orbit. With each nation blaming the other amidst the Cold War, Bond travels secretly to a remote Japanese island in order to find the perpetrators and comes face to face with Ernst Stavro Blofeld, the head of SPECTRE. The film reveals the appearance of Blofeld who was previously a partially unseen character. SPECTRE is extorting the government of an unnamed Asian power, implied to be the People's Republic of China, in order to provoke war between the superpowers.
- Sean Connery as James Bond: An MI6 agent.
- Akiko Wakabayashi as Aki: An agent with the Japanese SIS who assists Bond.
- Mie Hama as Kissy Suzuki: An Ama diving girl who replaces Aki after her death.
- Donald Pleasence as Ernst Stavro Blofeld: Main antagonist. A megalomaniac and the head of SPECTRE. He plans to ignite a global nuclear war.
- Tetsurō Tamba as Tiger Tanaka: Head of Japanese secret service.
- Tsai Chin as Ling: Undercover MI6 agent in Hong Kong.
- Teru Shimada as Mr. Osato: A Japanese industrialist secretly affiliated to SPECTRE.
- Karin Dor as Helga Brandt: Osato's secretary and a SPECTRE assassin.
- Bernard Lee as M: The head of MI6.
- Charles Gray as Dikko Henderson: British contact living in Japan.
- Burt Kwouk as Spectre 3: one of Blofeld's henchmen.
- Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny: M's secretary.
- Desmond Llewelyn as Q: Head of MI6 technical department.
- Ronald Rich as Hans: Blofeld's personal bodyguard.