Tuesday 4 April 2017

007 Travelers interview: Pentti Hietanen, Tenor

Who: Pentti Hietanen, Tenor
When: 1st of April 2017

007 Travelers met Pentti Hietanen after the Bond concert in Vaasa, Finland.



Mika, Pentti Hietanen, Pirita


Pentti Juhani Hietanen (born 7th of October 1958 in Tampere, Finland) is a Finnish tenor who has performed both in opera and musicals and recorded light music and rock music.
(Wikipedia)

1. Where did this idea about such a big Bond concert come from?
-Trumpeter Tobias Udd came up with this idea. He has done all the orchestra adaptations and he plays with the orchestra.


2. How long did it take to get this completed?
-It took two years. The orchestras have done a proper job with conductor Peter Roos leading the project. Last summer me and my daughters Iina and Roosa were asked as vocalist.



Pentti Hietanen / Licence to Play concert in Vaasa


3. What is your next project?
-I will continue my normal concerts alone as well as with my family and I go on tour and have concert series such as "Tuliset Tenorit".


4. Who is your favourite Bond actor? (leading male role) Why?
-It is impossible to rank them. Everyone of them has been a very right choice for James Bond at the time. I was not sure about Daniel Craig at first but I guess that was because I am quite a conservative Bond fan. The films were changed quite a lot when he became a title character. Also the traditional Bond themes for orchestra were gone. Actually he has been a very good choice despite the change.


5. The best Bond movie? Why?

- I am such a big Bond fan that although I have watched them all many times, I still can´t pick my favourite. I have them all. I can tell you my very strong experience touching the tradition of Bond films:


The scene in "Skyfall" (2012) where Bond left with his boss with Aston Martin DB5 
(BMT 216A) towards Scotland and the traditional Bond theme started, I was in a movie theatre and I got up as the letter X and yelled "YES"! And I was not the only one to react to the scene.


Photo © EON, United Artists, Danjaq LLC


Photo © EON, United Artists, Danjaq LLC

6. The best travel destination you have visited so far? Why?
-Santorini island in Greece (current main island Thira ) It is raw and yet beautiful and its history is interesting. It faced the natural disaster due the huge volcanic eruption (approx. 1600 BC). The research of the scientists refers to its relation to Egyptian plagues and Israel people returning to the Promised Land in Israel, said in the Book of Exodus. 



7. The dream travel destination where you have not yet visited but would like to go?

-It would be great to visit Israel and specifically Jerusalem. Also Norway from north to south would be a great traveling destination.



The homepage of Pentti Hietanen

Book a gig: Rosartina Oy
Tel.: 040 585 4868
E-mail: rosartina(@)kolumbus.fi



See more 007 related interviews by 007 Travelers here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately we don´t publish links or advertisements.